Saturday, November 14, 2015

What A Fairytale Can Tell

Many people that know me are aware that my favorite fairytale is Cinderella, what they may not know is the reason behind it. I would imagine most of my friends would think it is because of the charming prince or the aspect of going from rags to riches. The truth is since I was a little girl the part that spoke to my heart was actually at the very beginning of the story. "And yet, through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind, for with each dawn she found new hope that someday, her dreams of happiness would come true.". 
I remember when I first heard that line I purposed in my heart to stay true to myself and to remain gentle and kind. I know that in doing so it may seem like this allowed others to take advantage of me but like all fairy tales good prevails over evil in time. It would appear easier to choose to become offended or bitter by a sense of injustice or misunderstanding towards one self then to let things go and not allow them to poison you or limit you. I find the only possible way of letting go and not responding in like manner is knowing who God is  and what He did for me as well as knowing my identity in Him. Remembering what He says and Who he says I am is what validates me and allows me to dismiss any false accusations or remarks that may come my way. 
Knowing that I am loved by Him and allowing myself to become that person  He created me to be is what fuels me to continue to go forward with my life surrendered to Him. Colossians 3:12-13 "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
#Identity #Godslove #Unique #Createdforpurpose 




No comments:

Post a Comment